Jamaican Jerk Chicken and Mango Salsa Tostitos® Scoops!®
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Refrigeration Time: 1 hour
Zesty jerk marinade flavors chicken thigh meat that is baked in TOSTITOS® SCOOPS!® Tortilla Chips.
1/2 lb boneless chicken thighs, skin on
1/2 cup yellow onion, diced
1/4 cup Topicana Pure Premium Orange Juice
1/4 cup green onions, sliced
1 Tbs Soy Sauce
2 Tbs malt vinegar
2 Tbs fresh lemon juice
2 Tbs Extra Virgin Olive Oil
3 Scotch bonnet or habanero peppers, seeds removed
2 cloves peeled garlic
1 Tbs Dark Brown Sugar
1 Tbs fresh ginger, grated
1 tsp Kosher Salt
1/2 tsp Ground All spice
1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
2 tsp fresh chopped thyme leaves
1 tsp freshly grated orange zest
1 tsp freshly grated lemon zest
1 pinch ground nutmeg
1 pinch ground cinnamon
1 pinch Ground clove
1 bag 14 oz TOSTITOS® SCOOPS!® Tortilla Chips
1 jar 15 oz TOSTITOS® Chunky Salsa
1 fresh mango, peeled, seeded and cut 1/4 inch dice
1. One hour to one day in advance, combine all ingredients except the chicken, Tostitos scoops, salsa and mango and place in the bowl of a food processor and run to a coarse paste.
2. Marinate the chicken in the jerk marinade at least one hour up to 24 hours.
3. Preheat a charcoal or gas grill to medium heat.
4. Grill the marinated chicken thighs on each side for about 5 to 6 minutes. Remove from grill and allow to cool.
5. Shred the chicken meat with your fingers, then roughly chop with a knife. Set aside.
6. In a mixing bowl combine the Tostitos salsa and the mango and mix well.
7. Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.
8. Place about a Tablespoon of the chicken meat into each Tostitos Scoop, about 3 or 4 per person. Place on a baking sheet and bake in the oven for about 10 minutes.
9. Remove from the oven and top with about a teaspoon of the salsa and serve immediately.